Small Businesses and Families Leading the Way by Preparing Themselves
Date: Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Time: 8:30am – 10:00am
Where: Newtown Municipal Center, Council Chambers, 3 Primrose Street, Newtown, CT
Are you prepared for the next storm or potential emergency? Come learn how to prepare and protect yourself and your business in case of an emergency.
- What is a business continuity plan?
- What is a disaster recovery plan? How does a small business create a plan easily and quickly?
- How can one plan cover such a wide variety of potential disasters?
- What help and guidance is available to create and maintain effective plans without a lot of bother?
- What should individuals and families do to prepare themselves and their loved ones for a disaster?
- What types of emergency backup power exist?
- This is a key part of your Business Operations Continuity Plan Review various types of backup power generation systems and components Considerations, pros/cons of each type How does the Town of Newtown get the community back up and running?
- How will the Town of Newtown help my business get up and running?
Seminar speakers include Dr. Ed Goldburg who manages Northeast Utilities’ Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Programs, Brian Mauriello from Kinsley Power Systems, as well as Bill Halstead, Maureen Will and Donna Culbert from various Newtown Emergency Departments.
To register for this FREE seminar, contact Betsy Paynter @firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-270-4281.